Typography | Tips | Task
When we talk about typography we need to make sure the text is readable.
Tips for better typography
1. Check your contrast
- by visually looking
- Figma plugin Stark
2. Optimize Text Line Length (Paragraphs)
- Text line length should not be too long, it’s harder to read on screens.
- count the character in the line and adjust accordingly
- Recommended range is 70 to 80, never go over 90
- Figma plugin Text Counts
3. Adjust Line Height
- Line height is the spacing b/w two adjacent base lines
- As line height increase it becomes easy to read the text.
- Good range is 120% to 180%, optimal 140% to 180%
- 16 is 100%, if you want 120% you can do 16*1.2
4. Readable Font Sizes
- 16px is good enough for body texts.
- Larger headings should be used according to devices
- Scale them when switching
Task was to design the about page